Job title : Chief Steward
Department : F&B
Report to : Executive Chef
Responsible for : Managing the Cleanest and Maintenance off all F&B equipment
and back of the house
Vertically : Department Head
Horizontally : All kitchen and stewarding Staff
Over Money : None
Over Staff : Has authority to direct all stewarding Staff in accordance
with Hotel policies procedures
Manages the Cleanest and Maintenance off all F&B equipment in used and in store according to set standards and to ensure smooth functioning, customer satisfaction and high levels of sales and profits in line with company policies and regulations
Under the general guidance of the Executive Chef in accordance to the Hotel’s Policies and Procedures
1. Responsible for establishing and maintaining high sanitation standards in all food preparation area
2. Responsible for the Maintenance and the cleanest of all F&B service and Kitchen Equipment
2. Responsible for guiding the all subalterns staff and in the performance of their jobs in accordance to Hotel policies and procedures.
3. Responsible for achieving financial goals, by minimizing costs without compromise in Hygienic condition.
4. Responsible for implementing the Policies and Procedures in operating the Stewarding Department
5. Responsible for ensuring sufficient operating equipment and cleaning supplies for the operation.
6. Responsible for the administration, operation and coordination of the Stewarding Department
7. Responsible for providing functional assistance to operation during peak periods and functions.
8. Responsible for ensuring the Stewarding Department is covered with staff during operation.
10. To set standards in for Cleaning procedures and store keeper in line with company policies.
11. To achieve objectives set in key result area in the annual PDR.
12. Responsible to keep F&B equipment inventry book up to date in collaboration with store keeper.
13. Responsible to maintain all F&B area free of pest at all time
14. Responsable for administration and the disposal of the waste
1. CUSTOMER SERVICE
1. To provide a Safe and Hygienic work environment to all F&B employees in order to ensure satisfaction in product.
2. BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
1. Monitors budget via chemical costs, weekly and monthly financial statements and manpower report.
2. Conducts effective meetings as scheduled, with all stewarding staff.
3. Schedules personnel consistent with the volume of business and needs in service.
4. Identifies and solves problems in a timely manner.
5. Capable of deciding the level of authority and responsibility that can be delegated.
6. Carries out a firm and fair employee treatment policy.
7. Prepares and submits all reports required from Food preparation department, as dictated by
8. Attends meetings and training sessions organized by the Hotel management for the position.
9. To direct the stewarding staff in maximising all resources to achieve high quality and excellent
all over cost control.
10. Prepare all Chemical requests for the stewarding department.
11. Prepare yearly training plan.
12. Closely works together with the Executive Chef on development of the department according to divisional objectives.
13. Control and keep record of all breakages
14. To conduct regular Hygiene Audit as per the Good Hygiene Manuel
15. Submit Hygiene Audit report to the Executive Chef
1. Reports to the Ex. Chef.
2. Communicates effectively with guests, subordinates, immediate superior and other department heads. Capable of expressing clearly, listening and absorbing information
3. To co-ordinate with purchasing the supply of products according to the requirements of the operation.
4. To keep teamwork as daily way of scheduling staff for food preparation and communication.
5. To ensure good communication with Bahrain Food Control Section Regulations in coordination with the
6. Coordinates with other outlet heads and kitchen section heads for equipment request, special arrangements and other activities in the Hotel.
4. ASSET MANAGEMENT
1. Ensure that all operational equipment is use to its appropriate function and well maintained
2. To ensure and follow up that equipment faults are reported through a trouble report, to maintain effective working environment.
3. Provide the appropriate training to all Food Preparation and Stewarding staff for all specific machinery
4. To achieve maximum utilization of material, equipment and staff for quality and food cost control.
5. SECURITY & SAFETY
1. Be aware of hotel’s fire evacuation and emergency policies and procedure
2. Ensure truth training that all Food Preparation and Stewarding staff is aware of hotel’s fire evacuation and emergency policies and procedure.
3. Knowledgeable on first aid, safety and security procedures affecting the food and beverage department.
6. HUMAN RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Coaches and counsels steward and store keeper effectively.
2. Evaluates objectively the performance steward and store keeper.
3. Gives on the job training for steward and store keeper.
4. Motivates a strong team within stewarding department
5. Communicates openly with the stewarding personnel and keeps them informed of all important information to assist them in their jobs.
8. TECHNICAL RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Knows and understands the job description of amongst stewarding.
2. Establishes and implements all Food Hygiene policies and procedures in the all the Kitchen, Store and
4. Maintains high sanitation standard throughout the all food preparation area.
5. Provides assistance in the outlets when required during peak periods.
6. To facilitate and formulate action plans for BQT functions, Outside Catering and internal
7. Need to be Associated with a recycling programme in accordance with the protection of the environment
8. Approves yearly promotion plan.
9. To ensure Bahrain Food Control Section Regulations are adhered to in detail and exceeded
10. To facilitate and formulate action plans for BQT functions, Outside Catering and internal
11. Directly handles day to day training in the stewarding department in co-ordination with outlet and
12. Responsible to Issue and the returned of All F&B Equipment in accordance the Account department procedure
13. Responsible to conducted accurate equipment inventory for all F&B and Kitchen Equipment
9. REPRESENTING HOTEL TO THE COMMUNITY
1. At all time whilst representing the hotel, act in a professional, decorous manner ensuring proper representation of the Hotel
2. Interacts with government officials, suppliers and other important individuals in the community in promoting the facilities and services of the hotel.
3. Will be seen as a friendly environment Hotel and will be part of Bahrain Environment protection
10. DIVULGING OF HOTEL INFORMATION
1. The Hotel requires that you will not (during or after your employment) without the hotel writing consent, divulge every information concerning the Hotel or any associated hotels or any of their dealing, transaction or affairs which may come to your knowledge during or in the course of your employment with the Company
11. TEMPORARY MISSION
1. May be rotated to different Kitchen and other temporary task within the Hotel
POSITION: Chief Steward DEPARTMENT: F&B
SKILLS ESSENTIAL DESIRABLE
EDUCATION Certified School Education in College.
QUALIFICATIONS Five star hotel apprenticeship of two years
EXPERIENCE 5 years experience in similar 1 year chief steward experience
Organisation 2 years as Asst. chief
INTERPERSONAL Mature leader, confident and fair
SKILLS Very good motivation excellent organisation
COMMUNICATION Good written and verbal English
Skill able to get along with people
at all levels
SPECIFIC Good knowledge on Health and safety
Procedure and implementation
Both Administrative and operation
Minimum age 25 years
PRESENTATION Well groomed and presentable
at all times. Practice good hygiene
PHYSICAL Mentally alert, able to work
long hours and to handle
OTHER Should be able to handle Pressure
REQUIREMENT and able to adapt to all situation
WORKING Well maintained Kitchen
CONDITIONS Healthy and Hygienic
Open, friendly environment
with responsibilities and pressure
WORKING Flexible hours in accordance with job requirement
HOURS should not fall into a routine.
[Employee] [Date] [Department Head] [Date]